WELCOME TO THE ACCOUNTING PROGRAM AT UTAH TECH UNIVERSITY
Accounting is an excellent educational foundation, providing an increased number and variety of career opportunities. The discipline concentrates on the measurement of financial transactions in a business process. The accounting content acquired in the bachelor’s degree will provide the core business knowledge which is essential to career success and prepares interested students to attain advanced degrees. Careers in Accounting are competitive, diverse and are excellent portals for higher level corporate positions. An Accounting degree prepares students for careers in public accounting, taxation, corporate management, and consultation positions. Accounting courses focus on integrating the educational content with ‘real-world’ experience, relevant technology, application and practice.
Master of Accountancy, M.Acc.
The Master of Accountancy program, provides rigorous preparation at the graduate level for students to pass the CPA, CPE, and CMA certification exams and achieve success in their chosen career path.
Our accounting graduates acquire value-added skills and applicable knowledge in highly interactive, student-oriented learning environments. Accomplished faculty teach accounting concepts in the context of their application, transcending UT’s accounting education from merely theoretical to an applied, heuristic learning experience.
The Accounting Minor provides students with a comprehensive background in different accounting topics including financial and managerial accounting, taxation, computerized accounting and financial statement analysis.
Develop leaders who are distinctively prepared to actively engage with and create value in their communities.
- Develop Leaders imbued with excellence, possessing a global perspective and a spirit of innovation.
- Engage students through active learning applied / pedagogical research, meaningful internship experiences or business development opportunities.
- Create Value within each student across multiple performance dimensions, including; communication skills, technical competence and critical thinking.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate real world business situations related to the core business functions of accounting, economics, finance, qualitative analysis, information systems, international business, legal and social environments, marketing & management.
- Create and deliver professional quality oral presentations and written work products.
- Outline accounting, tax, auditing and ethical issues in structured and unstructured fact-based situation.
- Conduct meaningful, personal career research and prepare a plan for advancing their career goals by the end of their Junior year.
- Analyze and interpret business information and render judgment based on that business information.
- Develop and apply necessary business and accounting skills to exchange information within a meaningful context using appropriate delivery.Support community engagement through collaboration and applied learning opportunities. Integrate a commitment to ethical and professional service that honors the public trust.
Office: Hazy 132